WELCOME

Come on In, grab a chair, fill
up your cup and stay while,
look around.

Sunday, April 25, 2010

The Beginnings of Glass Fusing Creations.

Glass Fusing Creations is an online store and has been the most exciting venture I have ever done. I Remember one day my neighbor came home from an event she had attended and wanted to show me what she had bought. WOW! It was the most beautiful and only pendant I had ever seen made from glass. I just looked at her and said " I can do that". I came back home and told my husband I would like a kiln for Christmas. He said, you have two monster kilns in the barn, you see we live on ten acres in Chehalis, WA., hence the barn, "Yes dear", I know, but the one I need is different. "How so"? He says. Well, it has to have the ability to do glass and I want it to be small. I know you can do Glass Fusing in the bigger ones too. My monster ones I used about twenty years ago doing ceramics and porcelain. It was time for an upgrade. Low and behold Christmas came and there was my kiln. A Paragon Caldera 8 x 8. Perfect! Now the fun began. While waiting to see if Santa was a wise man, I had done a lot of research on what I thought I was going to do. It all seemed easy enough but I soon learned that more research had to be done. I still do that when I'm not sure things are going right. I am always looking for new techniques and better ways of doing things, My searching told me of all the tools I might need, where to shop,where to get the best deals and the like. I took a long look and started my business quest. We had a large room separate from the house with large windows and a patio door. We remodeled it with new insulation, sheetrock and a fresh coat of paint. After many purchases, my business was fully equipped with all the tools, glass and supplies. It's beautiful! It will accommodate all that I want it to do. Some very beautiful handcrafted products have come out of that kiln, at Glass fusing Creations and more to come in the years ahead. I use Spectrum coe 96 fusible glass and clear and black based Dichroic glass in my products. My products include Pendants, Earrings, Abstracts, Pendant/earring sets, Crosses, Key rings, Cabchons, decaled items, and four sizes of Barrettes. I was medically retired in the spring of 2000 and needed something to keep the mind and body going. Glass Fusing Creations is a business and hobby I love. My Mission: Is to provide the best quality products and services to my customers, without customers you have nothing. Hope you all visit me at http://www.glassfusingcreations.com

No comments:

Post a Comment